Handmade GnocchiCourse: Recipes
Gnocchi is one of the most delicious homemade pasta recipes to try. Using shredded, boiled potatoes and combining them with some all-purpose flour, an egg and salt, you can create a tasty Italian dish that is also protein-rich and gluten-free! Place them in boiling water with some salt and cook until they rise to the top – then enjoy this simple yet amazing savory dish!
This is the perfect recipe for handmade gnocchi.
- For the gnocchis
1 kg of potatos
300gramm of flour
salt to taste
- For the sauce
Sage/garlic/lemon zest… for flavouring
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft, then squeeze them and wait until they are cool.
- Mix the potatoes with the other ingredients, make a dough and let it rest for at least 2 hours covered with a cloth.
- Make some “snakes” : ) with the dough and cut into small pieces.
- When the water is boiling, throw in water, handful by handful, making sure they don´t stich together.
- When they come to the surface take them out.
- Butter sauce
- Place a smaller pot in the boiling water.
- Melt some butter.
- Add sage and garlic. Lemon zest works great also, let your imagination free!
- The original Recipe was created by Saskia and Michael and edited by our italian volunteers Didi and Nini 🙂
- Bon apettito!