Kate´s amazing bread recipeCourse: Recipes, breadCuisine: KatrinDifficulty: Medium
just the right amountkcal
3 h + 20 min
Intigring name for a custom recipe created by Kat in our farm. Do not picture a little creature in the wild grass but a tasty, nice looking bread to change the routine of the classic (none the less delicious) rounded bread .
- For the dough
1 kg of flour
10 gr of fresh or 1 tsp of dry yeast
50 ml of olive oil
1 heaped tsp of sqlt
Optional : 2 eggs
- For the filling
2 thick bunhes of fresh herbs to tqste : rosemary, thyme, oregano
4 garlic cloves
5 tbsp olives
Optional : olives, feta, dried tomatoes
- Knead the dough ingredients into a yeast dough, adding just enough water so that the dough does not sticks to the sides of the bowl.
- Leave to rise at room temperature for 2-3 hours until doubled in size.
- Knead again and prepare the filling:
Clean and chop the herbs, finely slice or chop the garlic.
- Mix with the oil and season very well with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of approx. 1cm on a surface of at least 40*60cm.
- Spread with the herb mixture (spread additional ingredients on top) and roll.
- Cut into 4-5cm thick slices and place on a greased baking tray.
- Leave to rise for another 20 minutes and then bake in the oven at 180 degrees until the snails are golden brown.
- Can be served with salad.